Parliamentary panel to examine functioning of EPFO
- A parliamentary panel will examine the functioning of retirement fund body Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), its coverage and recovery of arrears.
- The panel will be headed by BJP MP Kirit Somaiya.
- Earlier, the panel had suggested that the EPFO should act as the sole regulator for all categories of provident funds, particularly private PF trusts.
India’s first domestic luxury cruise ‘Angriya’ flagged off from Mumbai
- Angriya, India’s first luxury cruise ship, has been flagged off at Mumbai’s newly inaugurated cruise terminal.
- The cruise liner will operate between Mumbai and Goa.
- It is named after the first Maratha Navy Admiral Kanhoji Angre and the Angria bank coral reef near Vijaydurg.
- Angriya has 104 rooms and can accommodate 399 passengers.
US-based Dalit writer…