You can watch all our DILR Question videos – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2WkReU3YCPzdaQHBGoLWNLFb0GCW0ib3
To watch all our live sessions, visit – https://online.2iim.com/live-classes and https://online.2iim.com/youtube-cat-live-classes/
Pump up your CAT Preparation with 2IIM Online CAT Course!
Up to 20% of the Course Content is available for Free.
Click the link below and Sign up as Free User to use it.
Questions up for Discussion:
Question 1: A study to look at the early learning of rural kids was carried out in a number of village spanning three states, chosen from the North East (NE), the West (W) and the South (S). 50 four-year old kids each were sampled from each of the 150 villages from NE, 250 villages from W and 200 villages from S. It was found that of the 30000 surveyed kids 55% studied in primary schools run by government (G), 37% in private schools (P) while the remaining 8% did not go to school (O). The kids surveyed were further divided into two groups based on whether their mothers dropped out of school before completing primary education or not. The table below (Available in Facebook Group) gives the number of kids in different type of schools for mothers who dropped out of school before completing primary education.
It is also known that:
1. In S, 60% of the surveyed kids were in G. Moreover, in S, all surveyed kids whose mothers had completed primary education were in school.
2. In NE, among the O kids, 50% had mothers who had dropped out before completing primary education.
3. The number of kids in G in NE was the same as the number of kids in G in W.
1. What percentage of kids from S were studying in P?
A) 37% B) 6% C) 79% D) 56%
2. Among the kids in W whose mothers had completed primary education, how many were not in school?
A) 300 B) 1200 C) 1050 D) 1500
In a follow up survey of the same kids two years later, it was found that all the kids were now in school. Of the kids who were not in school earlier, in one region, 25% were in G now, whereas the rest were enrolled in P; in the second region, all such kids were in G now; while in the third region, 50% of such kids had now joined G while the rest had joined P. As a result, in all three regions put together, 50% of the kids who were earlier out of school had joined G. It was also seen that no surveyed kid had changed schools.
3. What number of the surveyed kids now were in G in W?
A) 6000 B) 5250 C) 6750 D) 6300
4. What percentage of the surveyed kids in S, whose mothers had dropped out before completing primary education, were in G now?
A) 94.7% B) 89.5% C) 93.4% D) Cannot be determined
To join our facebook group, visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/2iimcat/
Post your feedback – https://www.quora.com/What-is-your-review-of-the-live-YouTube-classes-for-CAT-preparation-conducted-by-2IIM
Visit https://www.quora.com/What-is-your-review-of-2IIM-Online-CAT-Preparation to know what the students have said.
Go to https://goo.gl/eIK17E for an amazing learning experience on your Android phone
For more CAT Level questions. Visit our free Question bank – https://iim-cat-questions-answers.2iim.com/
Subscribe and Like and Share! Best Wishes.